By Peter Bergel
The Great Getaway Raffle, OPW’s annual fundraiser in which 5 awesome vacation packages are raffled off to ticket holders all over the state is under way. Tickets are currently available at $1 each. Raffle form. Prizes are:
• The MOUNTAIN HOT SPRINGS PACKAGE — Breitenbush Hot Springs/Detroit Lake, OR. One night for two with three meals at Breitenbush Hot Springs resort, 15-ft. boat rental from Detroit Lake Marina in Detroit, plus meals for two at Giovanni’s Mountain Pizza and specialty beverages from Rosie’s Mountain Coffee House, both in Mill City.
• BEACH GETAWAY PACKAGE #1 — Lincoln City/Gleneden Beach, OR. Two nights for up to four at a rustic, private coastal cottage, dinner for two at Side Door Cafe, live shows at Theatre West, goods from Trillium Natural Foods and shopping at Crystal Wizard.
• URBAN GETAWAY PACKAGE — Portland, OR. One night for two at Lion & The Rose Historic Victorian Bed & Breakfast (www.lionrose.com), dinner for two at Iron Horse Mexican Restaurant, gifts from Mirador Community Store and two Main Season tickets to Portland Center Stage, a professional theater company.
• BEACH GETAWAY PACKAGE #2 — Yachats, OR. One night for two at Dublin House Motel, lunch from Grand Occasions Deli, dinner for two at The Drift Inn, shopping at Oregon Coast Garden Center, plus two passes and gift shopping at Sea Lion Caves, south of Yachats.
• RIVER RAFTING TREEHOUSE GETAWAY PACKAGE — Hood River, OR/Columbia Gorge/Washington. Get away from it all at this peaceful, secluded forest retreat…enjoy two nights stay for two at Lothlorian Woods Hide-A-Way Treehouse Inn in Snowden, WA (20 miles from White Salmon, WA), a private two-story, furnished tree-house with private master bedroom & full size bed, complete kitchen, BBQ, full bath facilities and hot tub, decks and stunning views. Then head into Hood River for hospitality at Full Sail Brewing Tasting Room & Pub and shopping at The Wine Sellers and Small Planet Trading, astrology readings at Mt. Hood, and two half-day rafting trips on the White Salmon River with All Adventures Rafting.
Every Ticket – 5 Chances to Win
Every ticket gives you 5 chances to win! You can enter by phone, mail, email, fax or in person, but online entries are now prohibited by the Oregon Department of Justice. The mail-in deadline is Dec. 5th so hurry! Call your ticket order in to 503.585.2767, fax it in to 503.588.0088, email it to email@example.com, mail it to OPW, 104 Commercial St. NE, Salem, OR 97301. You can also bring it in to our office at that address. You will find the ticket order form on the next page of the printed PeaceWorker or click on this link to get a raffle form.
The drawing will be held at OPW’s Holiday Party on December 6th, 3-6 p.m. above the Tea Party Bookshop, 420 Ferry St. SE in downtown Salem. You don’t need to be present to win, but don’t miss the fun and information. There will be a surprise speaker (unfortunately not confirmed by The PeaceWorker’s press deadline), live music, free hors d’oeuvres and beverages, plus a no-host bar. Mark your calendar now to attend this great kickoff to the holiday season. Φ
Oregon PeaceWorks wishes to thank the following donors of the 2009 GREAT GETAWAY Raffle Packages:
MOUNTAIN HOT SPRINGS PACKAGE to Breitenbush/Detroit Lake/Mill City, OR – Breitenbush Hot Springs resort, Detroit Lake Marina, Giovanni’s Mountain Pizza and Rosie’s Mountain Coffee House
BEACH GETAWAY PACKAGE #1 to Lincoln City/Gleneden Beach, OR – Nancy Hull and Chris Sproul for donating a stay in their coastal cottage. Side Door Cafe, Theatre West, Trillium Natural Foods and Crystal Wizard
URBAN GETAWAY PACKAGE to Portland, OR – Lion & The Rose Historic Victorian Bed & Breakfast, Iron Horse Mexican Restaurant, Mirador Community Store and Portland Center Stage
BEACH GETAWAY PACKAGE #2 to Yachats, OR – Dublin House Motel, Grand Occasions Deli, The Drift Inn, Oregon Coast Garden Center and Sea Lion Caves.
RIVER RAFTING TREEHOUSE GETAWAY PACKAGE to the Hood River/Columbia Gorge area – Lothlorian Woods Hide-A-Way Treehouse Inn, Full Sail Brewing Tasting Room & Pub, The Wine Sellers, Small Planet Trading, All Adventures Rafting and Karen Harding for astrology readings. Raffle form